अभिलेखीय सलाहकार बोर्ड
The Director General of Archives has been entrusted with the responsibility to supervise and coordinate all operations connected with the Administration, Management, Preservation etc., of Public Records as laid down in the Public Records Act.Constitution of the Archival Advisory Board:
Extracts from Public Records Act, 1993
13.(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute an Archival Advisory Board for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely:-
1. Secretary to the Government of India in the Ministry of Central Government dealing with culture
2. One officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India, each from the Cabinet Secretariat, Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of External Affairs, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
3. Two representatives not below the rank of Joint Secretary in the Union territory Administrations to be nominated by the Central Government
4. Three persons to be nominated by the Central Government for a period not exceeding three years, one being an Archivist and two being Professors in the Post-graduate Department of History in any recognised University. [Members]
5. Director General [Member-Secretary ex-officio]
(3) The members nominated under clause (d) of sub-section (2) shall be paid such allowances as may be prescribed.
14. The Board shall perform the following functions, namely:-(a)advise the Central Government and Union territory Administrations on matters concerning the administration, management, conservation and use of public records; (b)lay down guidelines for training of Archivists; (c)give directions for acquisition of records from private custody;deal with such other matters as may be prescribed.
Members of the Present Board:
The non-official Members of the present Archival Advisory Board were appointed vide Gazette Notification dated 27 January 2006, for a period of three years. How ever the board is being reconstituted.
The Board usually meets once in a year. So far ten Meetings of the Archival Advisory Board have been held in New Delhi on the dates given below.
- 30 May 1997
- 20 October 1997
- 22 May 1998
- 18 May 1999
- September 2000
- 9 October 2001
- 16 January 2003
- 10 November 2004
- 07 February 2008 and
- 27 March 2009
- 18 December2013