- Complete dedication and devotion to the welfare and development of Archives and the Archival Profession.
- Providing facilities for the public use of reference media, records and publications available among our holdings.
- Searching and issuing of certified extracts of documents to the public for their use in accordance with rules laid down for the purpose.
- Providing assistance to documentary film makers and other professionals in locating, selecting and filming material of their interest.
- Organising conducted tours to our various Sections for the benefit of officials/ trainees for education and professional Institutes, as well as groups of individuals, with a view to apprising them with the different activities of the Department.
- Extending professional expertise to Institutions by deputing officers to deliver lectures, conduct workshops on management, administration and preservation of records.
Guidance and Assistance
- The Department is committed to providing maximum assistance to scholars, administrators as well as general public who approach us in connection with their work.
- All enquires are attended to promptly, and efforts are made to ensure satisfaction of the concerned person by providing feed back facility to the scholars/ researches visiting the Research Room.
- All requests may be addressed to the Director General of Archives, Janpath, New Delhi 110001, or the under-mentioned contact numbers:
011-23383436 (Director General of Archives)
For research related queries, please contact email: research.nai-archives[at]gov[dot]in